Saturday, September 01, 2007



CounterPunch: America's Best Political Newsletter
by: Jeff Gibbs
...Being anti-war is a fashion statement, a political position, not a movement. I talked to a fellow yesterday who was anti-poison but still used them on HIS lake to fight HIS weeds-weeds outta control because he and his neighbors dump tons of fertilizer on their beach hugging lawns. I personally am anti-junk food but I still eat it, anti-logging but I still use wood products, anti-fossil fuels but my work and fun still depend on them. I am anti-aging but I still age. I am against, rape, animal cruelty, torture, genetically modified food, child abuse but what am I doing to stop it? Well, being against it. In other words, nothing. "Anti-" is easy-stopping is hard...

Jeff Gibbs is a filmmaker from Flint, Michigan. He was a producer on "Bowling for Columbine" and "Fahrenheit 9/11" and is currently working on an environmental documentary and one on radical activism. He can be reached at jeffgibbstc@aol.com.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: