Sic Semper Tyrannis : Kiracofe on US/Israel relations
Kiracofe on US/Israel relations
Church_natural_bridge "the inevitable Israeli test of Barack Obama's independence from AIPAC pressure"
Yes indeed. So for openers Team Obama should:
1. Task the intelligence community for a fresh NIE on Israel which includes counterintelligence issues.
2. Justice Department puts prosecutions on fast track for the AIPAC case/Franklin case.
3. Justice Department then requires AIPAC to register as a foreign agent (of Israel) just like other foreign agents/lobbyists around town must do.
4. Justice Department investigates status of "Religious Right" organizations, the Christian Zionist Lobby, to determine whether such organizations should also register as foreign agents of Israel. This would include CUFI, Christians United For Israel, led by Hagee.
5. Justice Department and appropriate intelligence community assets investigate any counterintelligence issues associated with "Religious Right" and its relationship to Israel and lobbying on the Hill and general influence peddling in Washington and nationally.
Once these openers are under way, we can move to some hard ball. Israelis forewarned that any attack on Iran by Israel to be treated like Ike treated Israel at Suez in 1956 (in an election year no less) along the following lines:
1. Embargo all US weapons to Israel.
2. Halt all foreign assistance to Israel.
3. Deny tax exempt status for State of Israel bonds and freeze all sales of such bonds in United States financial markets.
and so on.